We have selected a number of resources for your interest and to support your practice. Enjoy.
Topics of Interest
- How Effective is Child Psychotherapy in Aotearoa New Zealand
- The almost impossible profession face to face child psychotherapy during the Covid 19 outbreak
- Challenges and experiences COVID-19 (McBeath et al 2020)
Transgender Children from controversy to dialogue
IMHAANZ– this is the NZ website for Infant mental health
Australian Childhood Foundation– this website has information on supporting children who have experienced trauma. Useful articles for parents, teachers and caregivers.
Berry Street– an Australian website which has useful information for the care of children
Jasper Mountain this is an American site which provides care for traumatised children. they have many interesting articles.
Child Trauma Academy. This is the website of Bruce Perry’s work with many helpful videos and articles for therapists, schools, caregivers and families
- MENTAL HEALTH THERAPY FOR CHILDREN_ WHAT WORKS & WHY _ Jasper Mountain Agency
- Mission impossible – ideas for parenting foster and/or challenging children
- Strategies Not Solutions Handbook This supports caregivers with children effected by FASD
- The 7 Cs- Building resilience in children
- Playing on the Right side of the Brain- interview with Dr Alan Schore
- IMPACT Research